- Heartland REMC - Heartland REMC - Markle
- Markle, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health benefits package and retirement plans
Heartland REMC is now accepting applications for the position of Journeyman Lineman in Markle, Indiana. Heartland REMC is a rural electric cooperative seeking a Journeyman Lineman to fill this position on the operations team which focuses on distributing electric service to our members.
The major responsibilities include performing the line maintenance, construction, and service functions of the Heartland REMC electric system while observing safety regulations. You will provide members with a reliable source of energy that is available when needed.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a recognized apprentice program of at least 4 years.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in electric system line construction, operation and maintenance as an apprentice is preferred.
- Electric Cooperative work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Rural Utilities Service Specifications and Guidelines, substations, switching devices, transformer banks, oil circuit breakers, voltage regulators, line fuses, line currents, and voltage levels.
- Must hold a valid Indiana Class "A" Commercial Driver's License or be able to obtain one within 30 days.
- Must have the physical ability to perform duties required which include but are not limited to working outside in all weather conditions.
- Climb heights (including utility poles) up to 60 feet while installing line materials, (including but not limited to conductors, transformers, reclosers, cutouts, insulators, etc.)
- Bend over or stoop to perform power line maintenance or service.
- Perform "on call" duty assignments as a condition of employment when scheduled and which is required to maintain continuity of service after regular working hours and on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays observed by Cooperative.
- Perform any other duties assigned in order to fulfill the objective of Heartland REMC
- Lift or pull material and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to understand and follow cooperative maps, cooperative safety manual, work orders, staking sheets and any type of cooperative forms related to work being performed.
- Must live within 20 miles of the office
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Must be certified in bucket top and pole top rescue.
- Must demonstrate initiative and good judgement in decision making.
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand sequential processes.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, members, and others.
- Must be able to work effectively on a daily basis with a variety of individuals.
- Must be able to execute service and work orders and perform the complicated line construction and maintenance work on energized secondary's and on dead primary conductor structures and equipment in accordance with approved specifications.
- Must perform the complicated work on energized primary conductors and equipment instruction and training.
- Must carry out service and work order assignments, interpret staking sheets, and prepare daily time sheets, material tickets, and field and inspection reports.